Sunday, May 2, 2010

To Everything There Is...

Trying to come up with a title for your blog is never an easy task. At first I thought I'd use "Redefining Me", yet somehow that doesn't explain my purpose in this blog. So I fell back to an old standby of mine, the verses from Ecclesiates, Chapter 3. "To everything there is a season and a time for every purpose under heaven..." Seems to sum up where I am at right now quite well. I have had many trials and tribulations in my life and somehow I've always pulled through. So why, now, create this blog?

Growing up I was never a part of the "popular" crowd. I was always far to independent and preferred to lead rather than follow. Although I did try to fit in on occasion and found more heartache than not. Once I accepted myself for who and what I am I found more happiness than I could have imagined. But first I had to go through periods of hating myself, resorting to alcohol and late nights at the clubs to make myself feel important.

About 15 years ago I finally made it through the fog that had clouded my life and met a wonderful man. Although we have had our share of trials in our relationship we always seem to find our way back to that good place that makes this relationship so special. And let me tell you from money troubles to having and Autistic child to disability we've had some hard road to traverse.

Now mind you, I'm not a practicing Christian, in fact I prefer to follow my own path of the Old Religion. Yet I have a profound respect for all religions so I do not feel blasphemous using this particular verse to frame my new blog. There is a time to sew and a time to reap and after years of hard struggling I feel I am finally beginning to reap.

Now I'm in the midst of preparing for bariatric surgery and I will chronicle that here as well. But for the most part this is just an outlet for me to ramble on about life in general. So into the fray of the blogosphere I go and hope that those who find this blog will be able to reap something from my ramblings if it be nothing more than a sense of who I am and who you can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment