Monday, May 17, 2010

Well, I was warned...

Much of what I've been reading up on warns of moments of anxiety and/or depression pre-surgery. Well, it's definitely hit me this past weekend. Of course the hit and run driver that demolished part of my front yard at 1am taking out the bumper and tail light of my mother's car in the process didn't help. Nothing like not hearing it happen and waking up to the mayhem.

And then there is the fact that income situations aren't totally stable right now. Lots of complicated nonsense that doesn't help keep me sane. But nothing I can't handle, been there done that before.

Also, I had my first full family gathering since getting my surgery date. Most people are very supportive when I tell them of my decision. A few tell me I don't look big enough. (Um, 100lbs overweight isn't "big enough"?) Then there are the naysayers, the one's who know someone who had an r-n-y and it "didn't work", "they're still fat", "their dead"... Really helpful info there. The "Do you really understand what you're in for by having the surgery?" "You know you can't have that ever again?" All the overly concerned friends and family that think I'm ordering the surgery off a menu or something and not bothering to learn anything about it first.

Well, I have done my homework on the surgery, I've dealt with money crisises before, and the car and property can be fixed. I will survive. It's just all overwhelming right now. I have 42 days till surgery, I will find a way not to let everything get me down. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment